- Catherine Lin
- In-Game Name:
- Cate (preferred name)
- Relationship Status:
- In a relationship
- @mscatelin (https://twitter.com/mscatelin)
- 5'2" (157 cm)
- 100 lbs (45 kg)
- Hair Color:
- Eye Color:
- Hong Kong
Given that she's a mere 5'2" (157 cm), Cate doesn't really stand out, figuratively or literally. She generally sticks to t-shirts, jeans, and canvas sneakers—nothing too flashy or expensive-looking. Her trademark pixie cut requires little day-to-day maintenance. And her makeup—if she even bothers with it at all—is minimal and comprised of muted natural shades.
When she wears slightly more revealing outfits, it becomes clear that she takes good care of herself. Her body is slim and athletic, not unlike that of a runner or a dancer, with well-defined muscle tone throughout.
She's almost always seen with a smartwatch on her wrist and a smartphone in her hand.
Cate is careful to use inviting and welcoming body language. Her face and gestures are highly expressive and animated, making her extremely easy to read and encouraging fast familiarity. She's also quick to share a smile, generous with compliments, easy with laughter, and constantly sharp-witted. As much as possible, she listens intently, taking a genuine interest in what others have to say. It's no wonder she's considered the life of the party, or at the very least, a prominent presence.
However, despite an easy affability that strongly suggests extroversion, she can sometimes revert to the introversion of her childhood and adolescent years. When necessary, for the sake of mental health and/or safety, she can close herself off completely. It can be a jarring transition to a witness caught unaware.
Certain topics of conversation or external stimuli will trigger this status shift immediately. Most of these triggers are common to others, but some of them are unique to her. For example, she's extremely reluctant to discuss details of her childhood and early education. Most mentions of her family are met with indifference or outright hostility. Discussions of money and/or gratuitous displays of wealth tend to elicit annoyance and derision.
- Miscellaneous Odds and Ends
- Her position within the Illuminati? Classified. Division? Classified. Handler? Classified. Service history? You guessed it, classified. Don't bother asking either, even if you're Team Blue. Even the higher-ups need special authorization to access this information, Kirsten Geary included.
- Most characters aren't going to ICly know most of the things written here, especially about her special abilities. Even her closest friends are privy to 10% of this information at most, and that's how she prefers it.
- She doesn't have a fixed call sign. It changes with every mission.
- Like most Illuminati agents, she possesses a company credit card. However, hers is a prestigious black card, whereas other agents of similar rank and seniority are typically issued platinum cards or below. This tends to raise eyebrows.
- She has no tracking implant (grafted to her spine or otherwise). It was removed for a deep-cover assignment and never replaced. However, she is actively monitored by other means at all times.
- English is the only language she speaks fluently. However, she knows a few key words and phrases in Spanish and French.
- Her sexuality may be accurately described as bisexual or pansexual. More often than not, she identifies herself simply as "out and proud queer".
- Her FC is the lovely Jessica Lu.