• Major updates are done! We've squashed the nastier bugs, but there are probably a few smaller ones still scurrying about. Send us a DM on Twitter (@lowerworldtsw) or to @Custodian/@Voltigeur on this site if you catch one! We'll be tweaking the site's appearance and updating guides as the month goes on. :)

MISSION: Stormfront

A storm's a'brewin...

Quick Overview

Category
Completed Campaigns
Language
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

#4a: Destroying the Syndicate (3c + 3f!)

Requine

Requineverse DM-in-chief
Game Master
The "Stalco" warehouse is a squat grey building with orange text reading STALCO - YOUR #1 SOURCE FOR SUPPLEMENTS! near the wide double doors. The loading docks are open for now - you can spot staff loading something onto trucks to be sent off. You're pretty sure it is not actually natural supplements, based on the intel you've gathered.

OP
Requine

Requine

Requineverse DM-in-chief
Game Master
((Cass gave y'all a warning so you don't surprise shoot each other, but you can RP meeting up and exchanging deets, etc.))

Sarah Willis

I AM THE JUSTICE, NOT YOU
"This the place, huh?" Sarah sways easily from side to side, popping her neck idly as she stares at the structure, killing intent hanging in the air.

Marli Anderson

As she looked the building over, Marli motioned with her hand towards the group of people loading trucks "Seems that we might have gotten here at a very good time."

Marli Anderson

"Would be a shame in coming all this way and at least not talking to a few of them." Marli's eyes are still locked on the people loading the trucks. Her hands lovingly caressing the knives lining her midsection under the long coat. "Knowing that if these people are who they may be, we may be in store for some unfriendly responses."

The Mereland

Kennel Mistress
"That's... Probably worth doing. Talking, I mean. Some of us should stay out of sight though. Misdirect them."

Archer Beckett

Archer clears his throat, softly, having been quiet until now. "I could reasonably pass for one of the Clan. These people are apparently constantly trying to get the Clan hooked on whatever they are pushing. I'm not particularly worried about approaching them, if that's the consensus. I volunteer."

The Mereland

Kennel Mistress
She glances over to Archer. "...Don't know much about The Clan. Does anyone else wanna go with Mr..." She pauses. "...The nice man." She looks a bit sheepish, a little shrug. "..Forgotten your name," is her quiet addition.

Marli Anderson

"I will volunteer unless there is no other." Marli tightens the coat around her, hiding the weapons underneath "Perhaps two teams. One to face them with small talk while another infiltrates stealthily."

Archer Beckett

Archer offers a genuine, warm smile to Grace. "I'm Archer. It's okay. We didn't work very closely on the last one. Thank you for saying that I'm nice."

He turns to Marli with another smile. "Excellent!" He looks quite pleased at the idea of teaming up on the approach, and nods at her suggestion. "I suggest that we posture as awkward members of the Clan who are breaking the rules to make a direct approach. Most of the Clan had a lot of ego scared out of them, the last time we were here. Perhaps portraying some of that attitude would facilitate the ruse, this time."

The Mereland

Kennel Mistress
"You do seem it, at the very least." She smiles back, listening. "...Don't. Think I dealt with those guys anyway, probably better for other folks to do it, but I'll go wherever you lot tell me to."

Sarah Willis

I AM THE JUSTICE, NOT YOU
"Sticking with you, Grace. I kinda... stick out a bit." Sarah grins, almost leaving the expectation that she would have sharp teeth.

OP
Requine

Requine

Requineverse DM-in-chief
Game Master
The folk loading up trucks eye Marli and Archer somewhat suspiciously as they approach, but they definitely don't seem hostile - they seem more worried that they'll have to stop working to shoo some dumb kids off the property, more than that they'd have to deal with a Break and Enter proper.

Which is a shame, because that's exactly what's happening. The rest of the team is able to find a high ventilation system, wide enough for an adult to fit inside. There's also a STAFF ONLY door. How does the infiltration team plan to enter?

Archer Beckett

Archer walks confidently, but with his hands in his pockets. He smiles lightly as he approaches, and widens the smile very carefully as he makes eye contact with one of the workers. He paces himself to remain beside Marli and tips his chin at the laborer in greeting.

When they get close enough, he speaks. He uses an uncharacteristically deep voice with a mild north-of-the-border inflection, and much more casual language than he ever uses normally. "Hey. How's it goin', buddy? I was told I could come here to pick up something. Is there someone in charge I can talk to for a minute? I don't wanna take too much of your time."

OP
Requine

Requine

Requineverse DM-in-chief
Game Master
"Pick somethin' up, huh?" They glance at each other, the nervousness melting away. "Lemme guess, a little special something?"

They laugh.

"What size and sample, man?"

Marli Anderson

"Oh, something not too much. Don't want to be too noticeable, you know." Marli keeps her head lowered, shoulders slumped. "We could just go and get it ourselves. Don't want to get in your way."

The Mereland

Kennel Mistress
Seeing that, hey, those guys look pretty distracted, Grace hurries after Sarah, hand on her sword, darkened coat trailing behind her. Hopefully she can catch the Blue lady before trouble finds her. Her posture has shifted almost too subtly to notice - but an experienced eye could tell immediately she was anticipating problems in the very near future.