• Major updates are done! We've squashed the nastier bugs, but there are probably a few smaller ones still scurrying about. Send us a DM on Twitter (@lowerworldtsw) or to @Custodian/@Voltigeur on this site if you catch one! We'll be tweaking the site's appearance and updating guides as the month goes on. :)

OPERATION: THE LINK

Link // Initiated // Comply

Quick Overview

Category
Completed Campaigns
Language
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Action Thread #4: Curtain Call?

Nvida Elena Noire

Networker
Game Master

Hello players!

BEFORE we get started, let's go through a few house cleaning rules! :)
RAID/COMBAT SCENES || MOVING FORWARD

We will no longer be using D20 Dice Rolls to progress through action/combat scenes.

I know some of you are like THIS.

And maybe a few of you like THIS.

(Maybe more the first, than the second ;p)

Any-who, WHY you may ask? Well, I decided that it would be easier to go ahead and just inform characters of WHAT to expect, and allow them to prepare beforehand. I will then make a doc for you to add what your character has brought, and then rate their proficiency with each. That way, we're basing more on skill than chance, yes? (I can see you dancing now... ;) )

I liked the other system, because it allowed "chance" and less "I'm a bee that also can fly, and anyone who looks in my direction dies, and suffocates on the air that I breath, and when I blink, they tell me everything they know instantly..." because that's no fun for anyone! Chance allowed for variety, but as someone explained to me, it also allowed for the option of defeating Cthulhu with a bowl of wet noodles, as long as they rolled high enough (They had a point.)

SO! Since I am new to GMing on a mass scale, I know I don't know everything, and I'm not perfect. So thank you, thank you, for hanging in and playing so far!

So going forward, this will be the format:

Please note that:
6 = Superb
5 = Great
4 = Good
3 = Average
2 = Fair
1 = Poor

CHARACTER NAME || BEE/NON BEE/OTHER
AFFILIATION
(
Illuminati/Dragon/Phoenicians/CoV/Orochi/No Faction)

SKILL/ITEM: SKILL NAME (Description) | (# Rank 1 - 6 in proficiency)

*SPECIAL NOTES
*SPECIAL NOTES
*SPECIAL NOTES
*SPECIAL NOTES
*SPECIAL NOTES
*SPECIAL NOTES

KNOWN DRAWBACKS:
1 ||
Description
2 || Description
3 || Description
4 || Description

EXAMPLE:
Nvida Noire || BEE
Illuminati
SKILL: Arctic Touch (Touch that can freeze) | 2
*Wears gloves at all times, due to not being able to control what happens when touched.
ITEM: Assault Rifle (Anima-infused) | 5
*Uses anima-infused rounds and can make rounds electric/arctic/anima, but drains her
ITEM: Gas Mask (GUI Interface) | 6
*Has WiFi Capabilities, makes calls/ can see heat signature, Anima lvls, ventilation, flashlight
SKILL: Ice/Arctic Abilities (Hands) | 2
*Can create ice ranged attacks, guards, & healing, but finds it difficult to manage
SKILL: Electric Abilities (Hands) | 4
*Can create electric (mid) ranged attacks with hands
SKILL: Blinking (Phasing) | 3
*Can dissipate and reform forwards or backwards, though there will be a light mist left behind

KNOWN DRAWBACKS:
1 ||
Cannot be in heated areas for long durations of time
2 || If she touches someone, she cannot undo her ice's effects
3 || Is not proficient in hand to hand combat
4 || Depending on the area, known for illegal activities (weapons smuggling)

ALSO: It's not too late to join! Just read, and then post!

Please read these forums here, if you have not:

Welcome to the World: http://www.thelowerworld.com/index.php?threads/welcome-to-the-world.997/

Action Post #3: http://thelowerworld.com/index.php?threads/action-thread-3-heres-where-things-get-mad.1018/

Operation Report #4: http://thelowerworld.com/index.php?threads/operation-report-4-final-acts.1048/

Want to work with another player?

Try The R Bar!

MOVING ON

POST YOUR ACTIONS!

I WOULD LOVE IF YOU COULD PLEASE USE THIS FORM FIRST, AND THEN EXPAND ON YOUR ACTIONS ON THE THREAD!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfV5-cZcR4xVrDUxWCIHzRLWkX3X6bu78qAmBRZBOpcHq68rw/viewform

Thank you! I can't wait to see what you all come up with!

Personal Note:
I just wanted to thank EVERYONE who has supported or interacted in this plot! I hope it has been as amazing an experience for you as it has been for me! I know towards the end here I've gotten really busy with work any my own personal life, but even now the story is still going strong and we're on our way to the end! Thank you all for being so amazingly creative and determined!

Min-suh Kobayashi

Thanks to Jericho Blake, Min-suh will be attempting to get in contact with Ms. Tamara Ross for more answers. She will need an Illuminati agent (or possibly her brother) to get in. Her prime Illuminati lead, Ivan Azarov, sort of got banged up "a bit". She is looking for another Illuminati agent to help her.

While she is in Brooklyn, she will attempt to find clues to find "Alice."

Russell K. Kobayashi

Senior Investigator, Council of Venice
Unsurprisingly, Russell will be keeping in contact with Min-suh, as regards both her progression in her investigation and her safety.

More urgently, however, his efforts are concentrated on seeking out the Connecticorp facility in the London area, and safely retrieving Andre Bacard. He's been in contact with DI Shelley, and is attempting to advise her towards a less, ahem, overt approach vis-a-vis Connecticorp.

He's contacting Peter Sartre, Annabelle Withers, Song Seon-hwa, and Yukiko Yoshida in anticipation of the strike against Connecticorp, and with the intention of rescuing Bacard.

Finally, this Wonderland. He's sick unto death of the frigging Alice in Wonderland revival everyone seems to be performing in, but when it's the only game in town... He is seeking it out, looking for clues and things it would be alluding to.

colts450

As Sartre received the message on the upcoming assaults on Connecticorps facilities. He made his way into the front hospital entrance of the emergency room, making his way past several of the specially marked isolation cubicles, they had special red draping over the sliding door entrances to signify their special status as being a possible bio-hazard over them. Listening to the mad ravings that were going on throughout the entire specialized wing of the hospital, he was hoping that this would finally be the final chapter in uncovering want in the world this corporation was up to and more importantly who they were exactly.........

Astrid Archer

Former HG Caretaker / Owner of Light & Dark Bakery
Astrid waited until Genevieve's breathing became steady and deep, as only a young toddler can. She smiled at Miria, and pressed her finger to her lips. Her older daughter grinned and nodded. She set the softly snoring bundle of trouble into her bed and pulled up the covers before quietly leaving the bedroom. Through the door to the other bedroom, she watched Julie - her belly full of another new life - sleeping less fitfully than their daughter.

'Miria?' she said, 'I have to go again. Tonight.'

Her daughter's face fell and Astrid's heart broke again. 'There's bad people out there. And they want to do bad things to both your mommies, and our friends. They want to take away our places in this world, and they have hurt mommy's friends already. Even killed some.'

Miria's eyes widened a little, and her soundless mouth opened in question.

'I don't know, little one,' Astrid hugged her daughter, her voice cracking. 'I don't know when it's going to be over.'

Yukiko Yoshida

Templar Exorcist, Unlikely Shrine Maiden
Yuki's pacing the Council library, waiting for word on Senkha and the others, when the unsigned message arrives from Temple Hall. Orders? That's not like her handler, but it's very much like his superiors, and who knows how many of them might be involved. Dame Julia, perhaps, or Brigadier Lethe. "Part of an army," that what he said when they first met. And there's the Inquisition, the Marshals...

You'd kill me on principle because of what I am, she bitterly thinks towards them. Because of what you're afraid we might do.

And you think they're wrong about that, Chuck?

Her breath catches for a moment; the blood in her veins turns to ice water. But there's no wave of nausea, no crackling black static in her head to divine the signal's presence. Those aren't his words, just memory and self-doubt molded into a voice that she might spend years trying to forget. Sonnac's worked to keep his newer charges sheltered from the more militant echelons of Temple Hall, but he can't protect her much longer - they've made much that brutishly clear. Still, they haven't tried to take her off the chess board yet.

You want a report, you can have your report.

Yukiko quickly taps it out for them, gripping her freshly repaired mobile with one hand while keying in the reply with the other. She has no secrets to keep: there's a corporation using mind control circuitry and perhaps a new twist on Vali's Odyssey Project, transplanting Bee organs into donor bodies. They've put a stop to some, but not all, of it. And, oh yes, there's an angel and a sword.

She'll get back to them on that part.

Yuki turns off her phone and sighs deeply. Aka-san's safe, at least, and seems to be himself after all: that's more than she had dared hope. But now Kimchi's gone silent, and his cousin, though stable enough, hasn't woken up yet. Perhaps he was their real target after all, and the ambush in the forest a distraction. Still, they saved Shiba Aka, and they'll save Hari too. It's the least she can do, after he...

Of course it's not about repaying a debt. If he were a stranger, she'd certainly still fight to save him. But she owes him her life and now he's the one in trouble, and that's all there is to it. She takes the smartphone back out and starts typing a new message.

Last edited:

Fushichou

Nameless Dragon, Teddy Bear Savior
<Tchuc Tchuc Tchuc>
The man fists hit the wooden dummy in a succession of rapid blows. After a while he started feeling pain all across his body, his journey to the woods had left him diminished and he had no time for rest.

I am getting too old for this...

<Ploc ploc ploc>
Raindrops hit the heavy roofs of the pagoda where a man was writing down the reports of previous events. The brush moved swifts as the ink made the kanji appeared on the paper.

Vanishing in London... the Bounty Hunter working on Seoul paycheck... the ancient abduction and the new ones... the New-York Armdealer and the Demon from Sheol... The Russian datacenter... Meaningless deaths... the One-Winged Kami that hated the ones her Father loved... Questions that contained their own Answers... Failing the Dragon... A trap to abduct the Technomancer... The Link and the White Rabbit, they both know our every moves... They have access to all our digital networks...

Now where to... Kaidan? May be but that's likely a cold trail... London? Certainly that would be Russell's Team next target anyway and Astrid lived there... I feel a great swell of pity for the poor soul that comes to her family looking for trouble... Seoul's multiple hospitals? A potential lead but again other Agents certainly went there already to gather information.

He let the brush rest on a stone tablet. Only a flickling candle was casting a dim light in the room. He looked at the flame for a moment and then at the katana resting on a display stand.

A dead man cannot repair his mistakes or repay his debts...

<Flap flap flap>
A group of Dragon in full armor descended from the helicopter in the Venice compound. All carried Dragon sealed weapons except one who was weaponless.

When you are lost go back to where you begin... but before paying another visit to mister Wayne, I need to find Little Snow and the Yojimbo...

Last edited:

colts450

State of Emergency

Peter would find himself in one of New York’s finest emergency rooms. Since the outbreak in Seoul, New York had calmed. Many people were either being returned to their families, sent to psychiatric care, or but into shelters and homes to be later claimed and handled. The hospital wasn’t overrun. It finally looked clean and well, but vacancy was still pretty low.

He would see at the welcome desk were three nurses. All were busy trying to take calls and handle paperwork. A few were in the waiting room, talking and well… waiting.

As he headed through the chaos of the mass casualty trauma center, Sartre was looking for the main physician in charge or at least his charge nurse. He had a feeling that this would be the endgame for The Connecticorps .
He thought back to his past cases that he had been working on, all of this could've easily had something to do with the manipulation of space-time done by Orochi in Japan along with their global conglomerates. He also thought to the assignment he was currently working on investigating disappearances in Transylvania and trying to help the innkeeper Sophie. For a second he thought he had spotted the head doctor in charge. He hastily approach the head doctor in charge.
"Can you give me any information on what's going on here? This could spiral out of control really fast."