• Major updates are done! We've squashed the nastier bugs, but there are probably a few smaller ones still scurrying about. Send us a DM on Twitter (@lowerworldtsw) or to @Custodian/@Voltigeur on this site if you catch one! We'll be tweaking the site's appearance and updating guides as the month goes on. :)

Welcome to Hemlock Falls

A quiet town where nothing ever happens. Can you survive one week there?

Quick Overview

Category
Completed Campaigns
Language
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

[RP:1c] The church

Mathewsen

Mat laughs with her "Well at least you have some unplanned stuff to spice life up! Like a bird shitting on your hat. Or you can be happy when you dodged one just by luck!"

Sarah Whittaker

"As long as you're still laughing when it's raining and you have neither a trench tool nor a tent fly!"

Then she snaps her fingers. "Oh. That reminds me. I'll have to pop in and grab a supply of Wag Bags and cathole trowels." She pauses, then looks at Mat. "The things new hikers are most likely to forget. But if you're hiking far enough beyond camping grounds, you need to carry supplies for leaving no trace."

Sarah Whittaker

She smiles. "Of course." Then pauses, and says "And other things, too. You would NOT believe what some idiots will leave behind in a campsite." Her tone ... she's DISGUSTED.

"Broken beer bottles. Burned plastic. UNburned plastic. Half-eaten bags of potato chips. And can you imagine trying to deal with a fox that's choking on potato chip bag and panicking, and you're trying to wrap her in a blanket so you can get her to the vet, without injuring either you or her?"

Mathewsen

"That's atrocious... I don't have the bags, but that's one of the reason I brought my shovel. That and everything else it can do -I mean you can even use it to chop wood-, and for the other stuff, I have a roll of garbage bag." He nods "Speaking of respecting nature and animals, are traps allowed here? Like snares or stuff like that?" He raises an eyebrow.

Sarah Whittaker

She nods. "Wag Bags have a kind of kitty-litter like substance in them, keeps odour down and such."

She then nods again. "We'd normally have the cops check your snares and give you a quota, tell you what's in season and what's having babies right now and all. But I've got my hunting licence and season book and stuff. I almost never use my whole quota. Besides, station's open, you can get a temporary licence and all the info before we head out." She pauses. "Should have been available at the trailhead, though."

Mathewsen

"I've been told there was something like that, yeah, but I arrived late and had to hurry" he chuckles and shrugs "Traffic issue."

"I also have a pellet gun, so I can target exactly what I know I'm allowed to, can I use it too here?"

Sarah Whittaker

"Ahhh." She nods, explanation suffices.

She nods again, about the gun. "Should be fine. If you want to check, ask Billie or Barry. But I'm not going to go running to them over some idiocy like it being 3mm when it's supposed to be 2.5 or something." She rolls her eyes: apparently she knows someone who would.

Mathewsen

"If someone say anything, I'll play the dumb-French-tourist card anyway" he chuckles and takes a very strong French accent "Oh I am sorry I wasn't know! How much milimeters do it... euh... need to be?"

Sarah Whittaker

That gives her a snit of the figgles ... fit of the sniggles ... snit of the giggles ... git of the figgles ... something.

She tries to get it under control, and manages to start to say "I don't think anyone here ..." before cracking up again. Ahem. "anyone here ..." splutter. giggle. "... has ever met anyone ... " pause. control. "... from France."

Mathewsen

Mat laughs along with her "Yeah, pretty sure it'll be enough to throw them for a loop" he grins "I could also try to answer in Chinese, but I strongly doubt I could pass like one!"

Mathewsen

"And yet. Wǒ kàn shì zhōnɡ ɡuó rén kěshì wǒ huì shuō zhōng-wén hé nǐ yǒu yīgè kě'ài de bízi, nǐ zhīdào ma?" Mat chuckles "Pretty sure it'd throw them for a loop even more effectively."

Sarah Whittaker

Her jaw drops, and her surprise causes her to say the first thing that comes into her head, without regard for how stupid it sounds. "How did you DO that?"

Then she realises, and the moment of realisation is almost as comic as her initial reaction. "Uh. Sorry. Ignore that. D'uh."

Mathewsen

Mat laughs "Well, it a complicated process involving breathing, movement of the tongue and the mouth, and other stuff. Quite easy actually! And don't get it wrong, I barely know anything else than what I just said" he grins.

Sarah Whittaker

This time she's laughing at herself, but she's a good sport about it.

"All the French I know is some old song that my folks used to play." She badly mispronounces it, but with some mental disentangling, it's possible to make out that she's trying to say how she's always hungry for you. Without knowing that that's what she's saying, of course!
J'aurais toujours faim de toi.

Mathewsen

Mat laughs "You totally shouldn't sing that one, unless it's to someone you mean to say that."

He pauses to let her wonder for a second what it means "You could translate that by 'I'll always be hungry for you'" he says the last bit with an exagerated suave tone.

Mathewsen

Mat laughs "I guess you really had no idea of the meaning then"

"There is also another very well known French song world-wide, it goes Voulez vous coucher avec moi, ce soir ?. Surprisingly enough, that one is about sex too! I wonder where our reputation of being romantics come from, with those songs!"

He thinks for a few seconds, before asking "Say, is there anywhere around where a chopper could land? Asking for a friend, obviously."