• Major updates are done! We've squashed the nastier bugs, but there are probably a few smaller ones still scurrying about. Send us a DM on Twitter (@lowerworldtsw) or to @Custodian/@Voltigeur on this site if you catch one! We'll be tweaking the site's appearance and updating guides as the month goes on. :)

How Things Fade?

Ethan Edwards

Supporter
It's always neat to me to see how the game changes socially. It seems like any more, the factions are almost an afterthought, with so many folks interacting in positive ways, whether they are a Dragon, Illuminati, or Templar. Don't get me wrong, I see nothing wrong with this, but it seemed very different in the beginning, at and after launch -- which makes sense since everything we knew came from the developers and no one playing had written much of anything like we see in our forums today.

So, what cabals do you recall from your early days playing TSW that are no longer around? Not tiny ones like my own Sunshine Cleaning, but the bigger, more active ones, that may have been quite active at one time, but are now either vanished completely or on life support. Did you play a part of them during their heyday?

Collapsible Myth

The Cake is a Lie
Retired Admin
Remember seeing the Ghosthound out and about in London when I first started. Most of the cabals I remember seeing around at the time I don't see around anymore.

Mostly I see the devil due folks, Phoenix group, necessary evil.

OP
Ethan Edwards

Ethan Edwards

Supporter
Oh wow! Ghosthound is a name from the past :) Knightsbridge is one I hardly see anymore, and I there was one called 2 Minutes 2 Midnight -- I remember them cause the song was a cool tie-in I felt (I think they were pretty tight with early RFG).

Pattern-Weld

Dreamcatcher Laboratories, CoV
When I first started I was mostly in OOC cabals....was too scared to rp xD Still, the cabals I were in are gone. Can't even remember the first ones name anymore.

Collapsible Myth

The Cake is a Lie
Retired Admin
Another thing that has seemed to fade is those players that use to put on plays at the Albion. I always keep hearing how great the performances were and even have been put onto a magazine cover in I11.

Edith Thorne

there was another one, too. but it seems that I did not take any screenshots... But I guess these show a bit what could be done inside of albion :)

Vomher

Two popular cabals I recall were Ghosthound operations, of which I was briefly a part of, and AEgir Communications, which sort of dissolved at one point. I'm not entirely sure what happened - they even started the original Illuminati board meetings. AEgir and co. were behind the TSWWF - The Secret World Wrestling Foundation - which had all the staples of wrestling. Big personalities, ridiculous character, and scripting. It was done in places like the Albion, and I really, really miss it. There was this one wrestler - El Profesor - whose character, so flamboyantly heroic, claimed that a tree challenged his honor for standing in the way of his interview once. I didn't interact with AEgir much, but they seemed to bring a lot to the community as a whole, and it was a shame to see it vanish.

Rovena

Most of the active AEgir character are still around. HEC (Hollow Earth Consulting) is what they founded after sturring down AEgir. From what I heard it was a mix of OOC and IC reasons to transition with the active players to a new Cabal.

I totally missed out on the TSWWF, sounds like a lot fun too.

I know Scarlet Cross Institute is still around but it has been ages since I crossed path with one of their players so it often feels like they have faded to me at times.

Edit:

Ohh and Taran Guard is not longer around, my initial Cabal but they were only active in the first few month after launch and a German cabal, so most probably don't remember them.

Last edited: